“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Time Management Activities April 19, 2011
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- Memorable Debriefs (last updated March 2014) May 11, 2011
- 5-Minute Competitive Games May 4, 2012
- Networking Icebreakers for Large Groups April 22, 2016
- Survey says . . . attendees prefer toys! April 20, 2016
- How do you say “Thank you” to employees? April 4, 2016
- The making and re-making of products July 27, 2015
- Assertiveness Games and Activities July 7, 2015
- 7 Team Building Tips to Improve Morale - The WEB Extreme: […] ideas are bean bag toss tournaments, bes...
- Lisa: We will use a few of these ideas like the \"Orange...
- Sumayya: A FANTASTIC resource! These are such great activit...
- Kirsty Knowles: Thank you to all who provided ideas, found it real...
- 8 Team Building Exercises Used with Great Success | TrainerTops Blog: […] Teambuilding Activities […]...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh LinkedIN listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome