“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Memorable Debriefs May 11, 2011
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Motivational Quotes January 3, 2012
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- 5-Minute Competitive Games May 4, 2012
- Engagement – how do you get people engaged? February 12, 2014
- Best Practices in Training with PowerPoint February 10, 2014
- Create a Fun Office for under $100 February 6, 2014
- Crazy Facilitation Favorites January 27, 2014
- Popular Board Games used for Content Training December 20, 2013
- Susan Landay: Sorry I only just saw your comment now. I\'ll see...
- Popular Board Games used for Content Training | Trainers Warehouse Blog: […] Also, many have created board games, whi...
- Amit: Hello Susan, Can you share some activities for ...
- SIM Presentation Resources #sim | A Listly List: […] Great YouTubes for Learning and Work [...
- Hannah: Love these ideas. Leading a communication group w...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh LinkedIN listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome