“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Time Management Activities April 19, 2011
- 5-Minute Competitive Games May 4, 2012
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- Memorable Debriefs (last updated March 2014) May 11, 2011
- Choosing a Stand-up Sit-down Desk or Monitor Riser July 21, 2016
- What can we learn from “The Office”? July 11, 2016
- How do you promote core values in your company? July 5, 2016
- Powerful beginnings and endings – creating 8 magical moments June 29, 2016
- Why we shouldn’t abandon Starbuck’s “#RaceTogether” June 22, 2016
- moses: very interesting ice breakers and simple competiti...
- How to Select a Team Building Game | Trainers Warehouse Blog: […] all the team building games out there...
- Leadership Activities for Sports Teams | ZAYNEZ: […] This tip inspired by Trainers Warehouse....
- Gwen: I am going to try a couple of these with a women\'...
- 7 Team Building Tips to Improve Morale - The WEB Extreme: […] ideas are bean bag toss tournaments, bes...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh LinkedIN listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome