“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Communication and Listening exercises (last updated 10/16) April 5, 2011
- Time Management Activities April 19, 2011
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- 5-Minute Competitive Games May 4, 2012
- Memorable Debriefs (last updated March 2014) May 11, 2011
- Fidgeting is Good for your Health! October 7, 2016
- Fidget Cube takes off and the world embraces fidgeting! September 9, 2016
- Getting to Know You August 4, 2016
- Choosing a Stand-up Sit-down Desk or Monitor Riser July 21, 2016
- What can we learn from “The Office”? July 11, 2016
- Muzammil Punjwani: Awsumn Activities.. Thanks you very much.. Its ver...
- Training should be fun – data explains why | Trainers Warehouse Blog: […] During a learning episode, we remember b...
- 5 Time Management Games to Practice: […] can even score extra points if you organ...
- Honsberg: Do you feel like you have enough time to do all th...
- moses: very interesting ice breakers and simple competiti...