“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Memorable Debriefs (last updated March 2014) May 11, 2011
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Motivational Quotes January 3, 2012
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- Arm “Wrestle” Exercise October 27, 2011
- The Art of Difficult Conversations July 1, 2014
- “Sticking with Students: Responding Effectively to Incorrect Answers” June 11, 2014
- Active learning is not “Q&A Teaching” June 9, 2014
- Motivation is motivation . . . no matter what your age June 4, 2014
- Take time to debrief May 15, 2014
- Allan: Excellent site for ideas on activities!!!!...
- Pam: this is great...really helpful..!! thanks everybo...
- More telephone training news « Phonecoach: […] Memorable training debriefs Another exce...
- Leadership Activities for Sports Teams – Team Building – Sports Training Academy: […] This tip inspired by Trainers Warehouse....
- Conflict Resolution Activities for Adults and Children: […] is a great arm wrestling activity used t...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh LinkedIN listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome