“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Memorable Debriefs May 11, 2011
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- Motivational Quotes January 3, 2012
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Learning and the Brain – Tips December 6, 2012
- Get the conversation going September 18, 2013
- Diversity Training Games and Exercises September 16, 2013
- It’s not about the Nail – men and women communicate differently June 17, 2013
- Ron Gutman and the Hidden Power of Smiling June 14, 2013
- Great YouTubes for Learning and Work May 30, 2013
- SIM Presentation Resources #sim | A Listly List: […] Great YouTubes for Learning and Work [...
- Hannah: Love these ideas. Leading a communication group w...
- Training should be fun – data explains why | Trainers Warehouse Blog: […] Recognition improved performance by as m...
- Dawn Zimmermann: Awesome site, thanks very much....
- Great YouTubes for Learning and work | Trainers Warehouse Blog: [...] the best movies we can use to demonstrate a ...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief doodle e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome