“When facilitating any activity to do with diversity, it is so important to be prepared for strong emotional responses from participants, as you dig and get to the bottom of issues such as bias and inequity, which is invariably these activities head. People don’t like having the things that make them human exposed in public forums generally.”
As my eldest son becomes a pre-teen, emotional intelligence, acceptance, empathy and understanding have become hot topics in our house. As new as these issues may be for us, they’ve been hot for quite a while in businesses and organizations, as indicated by the popularity of this LinkedIn discussion and others. Following is a synopsis of some diversity activities that our colleagues have posted online. However, before we get into any specifics, we should remember Lee Duffy’s words of wisdom:
Leave a Reply
- Communication and Listening exercises April 5, 2011
- Memorable Debriefs (last updated March 2014) May 11, 2011
- Motivational Quotes January 3, 2012
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Activities January 30, 2012
- 5-Minute Competitive Games May 4, 2012
- Great Ways to get Learners up and Moving – without Chaos! April 9, 2014
- Engagement – how do you get people engaged? February 12, 2014
- Best Practices in Training with PowerPoint February 10, 2014
- Create a Fun Office for under $100 February 6, 2014
- Crazy Facilitation Favorites January 27, 2014
- Telephone Training News « Phonecoach: […] Communication and listening skills exerc...
- Jambar Team Building: Wow. Really cool games. We\'ll definitely find ins...
- Kara: What a wonderful list! Thanks for compiling this a...
- Jane: This is great! Very well organized and captures th...
- Susan Landay: Sorry I only just saw your comment now. I\'ll see...
active learning brain-based learning certificates communication customer service data debrief e-learning effective feedback fiddles fun games game shows goals icebreakers introductions koosh LinkedIN listening Marshall Memo memory motivation movie movies negotiation online personal style powerpoint presentation presentations quote recognition reinforcement research rewards rights team building teamwork techniques TED talks throwables time management video welcome